Dominic Frisby meets Frank Holmes of US Global Investors , a boutique investment adviser listed on NASDAQ under the ticker symbol “GROW,” specializing in natural resources, emerging markets and global infrastructure.
· Since taking over as chief investment officer in 2000, the firm has received 27 Lipper Awards and performance achievement certificates in the U.S. mutual fund industry.
· The company’s Global Resources Fund was Lipper’s #1 global resources fund for 2010, up 38%. It was also #1 for the 10-year period.
· The Meridian Global Gold and Resources Fund has achieved an compounded rate of return of over 37% since its inception in August 2004.
· A $1,000,000 investment in the Fund at inception would have been worth more than $8,016,000 as of February 2011.
· The Meridian Global Energy and Resources Fund has achieved a compounded rate of return of over 10% since it was launched in September 2006 – vastly outperforming its relative benchmarks.
· Mr. Holmes is the co-author of The Goldwatcher: Demystifying Gold Investing which is available on Amazon.com.
· Mr. Holmes has over 30 years experience in global capital markets. He was named top mining fund manager for 2006 by Mining Journal magazine.